At Melody House we make every effort to integrate high ethical standards in our day to day activities and of which we expect our staff and learners to adhere to. The Learner Code of Conduct is meant to assist you to meet creative, artistic and personal goals and includes observing Melody House community guidelines summarized below, Industry practice, Professional code and the Laws of Kenya.
- Take care of property that is assigned to your use or located within the premises, including equipment and furniture.
- Attend lessons on time and follow course work as instructed
- Unless it is part of the session avoid browsing/ chatting on computer/ mobile during class.
- Lies, abusive or discriminatory behavior shall not be acceptable
- Use of food and drinks near computers, controllers, pianos and other equipment is not allowed.
- Drug abuse, intoxication and disorderly association is prohibited
- Keep work/ lounge spaces tidy
- Melody House may record, photograph or document Learner class sessions and such may be shared with Learner and/or posted in our publications.
- Melody House considers rights of creators, owners and users of intellectual property.
- There is no particular dress code at Melody House. Go sporty, casual smart, youth, business office…nothing outside the normal.
- Visitors are not allowed in the class/ studio
- You shall inform us in advance when you need assistance, have divergent opinion or are unable to attend sessions.
- The following sanctions may be imposed for non-conformity:
- Suspension from sessions
- Compensation for damage, loss or injury
- Loss of Privileges
- Restriction on registration
- Cancellation of further sessions
- Withholding of completion award
Melody House offers a no refund policy for purchased services
In order to create a safe environment for everyone at Melody House the following shall be observed:
- Wear a mask/ face shield.
- There is a hand sanitizer at the reception for your use whenever you enter and exit.
- Keep at a distance of at least 1 meter from the next person
- Equipment surfaces shall be disinfected before use
- One machine/ instrument is dedicated to single person use per session
- The number of persons in a room per session shall be limited.
- A body temperature check shall be conducted at the entrance
- Carry a mini hand sanitizer for your extra care
- If you have a constant cough, cold or flu please seek treatment and stay at home
The above list is certainly not all inclusive but it is supposed to serve as a broad guide pertaining to the time Learner is at Melody House. The code of conduct or part thereof may be posted in class/ studio notices. Updates shall be communicated on this website.
In the world of sound and music you will find yourself doing various activities related to, inter-alia, money, meeting people and spending long hours in your office and thus it is critical that you plan to have useful results in your career as well as personal life. Your success is as good as what you formulate.